Friday, May 6, 2011

A glimpse into the nature of the feedback I give to students

I went through the first four weeks of feedback I gave to students this semester, and this is what I found.

Impressions? Feedback on my feedback? What does yours look and feel like?

It sounds like you... Two things that stand out about it are...
You seem to be making an important distinction about...Why do you think...?
Thank you for... It really helps me to understand...
It's great that you are thinking about...
You have brought up a lot of...
I love how you have earnestly you have tried to...
What I like about what you've done here is...
I also like how you...this shows me that you are...
You wrote...Do you think...?
I appreciate how much...This helps me to concretely understand...
I'm wondering how you...
It sounds like you are trying to...
Thank for you being honest about...
Keep up with..., and I hope to hear more about...
It sounds like one your strategies is....
How do you think this is different...?
It is nice to see you having an emotional and intellectual connection to...
It sounds like you are trying to think of ways to...
I like how thoughtful you were about... I wonder...
You mentioned something... Was it...?
You mention this... By that do you mean...?
You have written very thoughtfully about... it sounds like...
You seem very aware of...
I agree it can be hard to know...
I appreciate how you’ve...
I hear what you are saying about... do you think...?
I like how you...This is a great thing to keep doing because...
Others have also expressed your concern, which seems to be... Is that right?
I can see how your were trying to...
I really like your idea about... This shows you are really thinking about...
I especially like how you made connections to...
It seems like two things: ... and... Do I have that right?
It is clear that you thought deeply about this, especially your idea about...
I like how you have written a rich description of... In explaining the ideas, you’ve included...and...
You mention... What experiences have you had with...?
I like how you are looking for connections here... This is something expert learners do all the time...
It sounds like you... And you are concerned that...
This indeed sounds like a complex problem....
I like your goal to...I have also...Let me know how it goes
It's clear that you tried to think why... But you also included how... which helped me to understand that...
In your reflection, you highlight...How are those things going...?
You have done a nice job relating...This shows me that...
You seemed very concerned about... the empathy you express here is...
I think you did a nice job of initially describing...I'm wondering what else you might include to help me understand...
You pointed out that...Why do you think...?
It's very clear that... What do you think...?
You wrote clearly and thoughtfully about...
I hear you saying that you'd like... and also that...I can certainly relate to...One suggestion is that...
The last thing you write here about... is an interesting problem. What made you think about that?
I hear what you are saying about...
It sounds like you are saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment